Today I’m using the 15-minute work intervals approach.
I’m in the middle of my 15-minute blog posting interval. Kind of obvious, I guess…
- Posted author comments to jrmays.com .
- And now this post…I have a minute left. [Confession–I ran overtime on this. Still, it does get me focused to generate and finish.]
Other 15-minute work intervals completed today:
- Job search cover letter revisions
- Review of editor’s comments on a piece of fiction. She and I connected through Reedsy. She’s right on the mark. Money well-spent. I have a lot of work to do on this project.
- Check in with authormarketingclub.com [Video on exploding your word count with dictation software]
- Generated list of activities for an ebook I’m writing
- First 200 words at-a-sitting [turned out to be 280, handwritten]
- Read James Altucher’s What to Do When You’re Rejected . Good food for thought.
- 200 words at-a-sitting [session 2] on my Chromebook. Turned out to be 550 words. Writing via keyboard never ‘feels’ as good to me as writing in a notebook, but it’s darned sure more productive.
My 15-minute email-check interval: Good to impose a limit here.
Listening to Steep Canyon Rangers [a group often often accompanied by banjoist/funny guy Steve Martin]
Bought The Happiness of Pursuit by Chris Guillebeau. Currently $1.99.
A blogger ‘liked’ my post yesterday so I followed a link to that person’s work.
Here was my comment to the post:
One resonating line: Do you let life control you or do you take the reins? Your point about exercise as privilege vs. chore really hit home. I stared at the 10 cubic yards of soil to shovel, wheelbarrow into backyard from front driveway and thought, “yick.” Then I remembered two friends who have had/will have surgery for back and neck stuff and thought, “Geez, T, what a weaselly wimp you are for groaning at the thought of good honest mindless grunt work.”
Still with the email session…
–Memorable line from Seth Godin’s daily email:
What if we take the responsibility instead of waiting for it to be offered?
–Unsubscribed from Hilton Honors Club. [Can’t say as I remember signing up for that one. I sure as heck don’t quality as a titanium club member or whatever their special designation is.
Am up to 65 unsubscribes. It feels like there might be 10 more around the corner…
Thanks for reading!